Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Guacamole

Guacamole is the best food. If we aren't including chocolate. Okay, guacamole is the best non-dessert food. My husband and I love to make and eat guacamole when we want a good snack or as an appetizer for a mexican meal.

The follwing recipe will make a large bowl of guac. I made this amount recently to share with family. I just halve this when I just need a smaller amount for the two of us. I also just estimate if I am using small avocados rather than large ones. Here is how I make it.


Ingedients:
6 large avocados
1 small red onion
1 lime
4 large cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno, seeded
1 bunch of cilantro with stems cut off
1 1/2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chiles
a little salt and pepper
(tortilla chips)

To make:
Dice the avocado, red onion, garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro. Mix in a bowl as you go so that the flavors can be combining. Squeeze in the lime. Drain just a little bit and pour in one whole can and half of another can of diced tomatoes with green chiles. Add a little bit of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.

Voila! I'm not sure how to make a picture of guacamole super pretty, but I guarantee that it is TASTY.


1 comment: